Friday, January 22, 2016

Snow Day

I have to post, as I'm sitting at Frothy Monkey in 12South just before 9:00 a.m., watching the snow fall outside.  It's beautiful.  I'm trying to get a little work in before I meet Jude and the boys at Sevier Park for some sledding.

We went to bed last night unsure of what it would look like outside when we woke up.  J.P. came down this morning, about 6:30 a.m., and opened the plantation shutters in our bedroom.  Outside, the ground was covered in snow and giant, gorgeous snowflakes were falling from the sky.  Incredible.

Winter Storm Jonah, in spite of conflicting weather reports and predictions of how much snow we would get in Nashville, has delivered big time!  We're going to get 4-5 inches, I think, of a wet, pretty snow perfect for making snowman and having snowball fights.  Fantastic!

I started in to work, quickly realized it wasn't worth the risk to try to get to Franklin, and detoured over to Frothy Monkey (Bongo Java was closed) to have a cup of coffee and work for a while.  It's one of those mornings where every song on their playlist is one I like - Peace Train, Here Comes the Sun, and on and on.


Morning office indeed.

No comments: