Sunday, December 21, 2014

The Last Ride?

I'm sitting in the back of Bongo Java, at my favorite table, finishing a "mood elevator" made just the way I like it by Hunter, a longtime barista here.

It's such a gorgeous day for late December - temperature in the low 50's - that I decided to take Joe for quick walk in the City Elite before I take J.P. to basketball practice.  As always, Joe fell asleep before we were 2 blocks away from the house.

That's the magic of the City Elite at work, I suppose.  So many hours of napping, for Joe and J.P., have taken place in that stroller.  It's very nearly a thing of the past, as I've mentioned in previous posts.  By the time spring is here, Joe may well be too big for the City Elite.

There's kind of a "Puff the Magic Dragon" feel to it all, really.  Like the song, one day in the very, very near future, Joe won't want or be able to be strolled for his nap anymore.  And I'll be like Puff.  Sad and nostalgic for the innocent times that will be gone, never to return.

(sigh)

No comments: